Parmigiana di Melanzane, vegetarian dish with eggplant
Parmigiana di Melanzane, a vegetarian dish with eggplant, mozzarella and tomato sauce. This is a classic recipe of Italian cuisine.
I like eggplant prepared in every way, but this dish is probably one of my favorites. You can prepare it on forehand and even serve it at room temperature. But the best is to eat it straight away…
- 3 firm eggplants
- 4 eggs
- 5 spoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil Lanzilotti
- 500 ml tomato sauce Pomodoro Fiaschetto
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 mozzarella
- grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt and pepper
1. Cut the eggplant into ½ cm slices, sprinkle with a generous amount of salt. Let rest for 1 hour.
2. Wash the eggplant slices and dry with paper towel.
3. Heat the Extra Virgin Olive oil
4. Put every eggplant slice first into the flour and then into the beaten salted egg and fry them immediately until golden brown.
In the meantime prepare the tomato sauce
5. In a pot heat the olive oil, saute the minced garlic and chopped onion until soft and transparent
6. Add the peeled tomato pulp, salt and origan and cook for at least 30 minutes
7. On the bottom of an oven-proof dish, put some spoons of the tomato sauce, on top arrange one single layer of the fried eggplant slices, mozzarella cut into pieces and some grated parmesan. Then again tomato sauce, eggplant, mozzarella and parmesan….Repeat these layers until you’ve used all ingredients (max. 4 layers) Finish with the tomato sauce and parmesan cheese
8.Bake at 190° for 30 minutes until golden and crisp.